Thursday, November 23, 2006

BlockBuster Not Renting Out New Gaming Systems

While renting a couple of movies from BlockBuster, I asked the clerk when the Nintendo Wii would be available for rental. He told me that because many people don't treat rental systems well, BlockBuster is not going to make the new generation of systems (I guess that means Wii, PS3, Xbox 360) available for rental.

This is bad news for me. As gaming systems get more expensive, renting a system would be a great way to do a test-drive before making a big investment. That's how I decided to get a PlayStation way back when (rented the system and Final Fantasy VII from BlockBuster).

What does that mean? I guess you better make sure you have friends who are willing to splurge on new systems when they come out! :-)

2 comments:

Rob Finlay said...

Dude! Zomg! You've posted! I was afraid your blog would be left in the dust when you vacated New York.

I'll have to check out that Gears song...I'm not familiar with it; I am, however, familiar with Donnie Darko (which is both very strange and extremely bitchin') and Gears of War, which is not that strange, but it is also extremely bitchin'.

As for the system dilemma, I feel your pain. I think there really is only one answer: buy them ALL.=) (But dude, seriously, Halo 3. Enough said.)

Eric Liu said...

Hey Kid Atomic! Thanks for continuing to check my blog! Always nice to know that someone other than my parents are reading this. :-)

Btw, in case those of you using FireFox aren't aware of this feature, you can click on the little orange icon in your address bar to subscribe to the feed. What this means is that all you have to do is click on this new bookmark and it will show you all the blog headlines -- makes it very easy to find out when a new post appears.

I think acquiring a Xbox 360 is inevitable, what with new Halo 2 maps and Halo 3. It's really just a matter of when. Now, if Square/Enix developed a RPG for this platform as well, the purchase would happen way sooner...