Saturday, October 07, 2006

New York: First Weekend: Saturday

After getting my first look at Rockefeller Center, I stopped at Pick a Bagel by Carnegie Hall for lunch. Try the toasted sesame bagel with sundried tomato cream cheese -- yummy!

NBC Studios Rockefeller GE Building Heroes Billboard Nintendo World

I took a walk through the southern parts of Central Park. You can see pedicabs, horse-drawn carriages, and large lawns with people having picnics and playing frisbee tricks. There were even roller-skate dancers complete with DJ's playing tunes!

Pedicabs and Taxicabs

Central Park is huge, and one thing I would do next time is to rent a bike to check out the rest of the park.

That night, I went up the Empire State Building. The line-ups were enormous! It probably took 2 hours just to get into the elevator. Then, you don't even get to the observatory yet -- you stop on the 80th floor for pictures and picking up the audio tour. The actual observatory is on 86th (you can pay more to go up to 104th). You can also pay more to skip all the line-ups. Fortunately, the night was clear so I got some pretty good views of the city from up there.

Busy Streets from Above

No comments: